Our team has experience providing speech pathology rehabilitation following stroke, traumatic brain injury, surgery, and cancer. We also offer rehab services to maximise communication or swallowing skills for those with degenerative conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone Disease, Huntington’s disease, and dementia. We offer rehab to adults and adolescents (>13 years).
Rehabilitation needs a team approach. We will work with you, your family, and other health professionals, to help you to achieve your goals.
We can provide:
- swallowing assessment at your home
- swallowing rehabilitation, including direct therapy, feeding equipment, positioning, education, and texture modification
- communication assessment at home, work, or in the community
- communication rehabilitation, that is individualised to achieve your goals
- communication partner training
- contribution to team meetings
- reports to other health professionals
Our speech pathologists are trained to deliver Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT LOUD).