In Australia, aged care typically refers to support services for individuals over the age of 70. Our team at Wollongong Speech Pathology has experience working with older Australians with communication or swallowing difficulties. We deliver speech pathology and aged care services at your home because we recognise that it can be difficult for you to get to a clinic. We also visit a number of residential aged care facilities in the Illawarra. Our goal is to help older Australians to age well.
We can provide:
- swallowing assessment at your home
- advice regarding mealtime supports, including feeding equipment, positioning, carer training, and texture modification
- communication assessment and diagnosis
- communication treatment, monitoring and support
- communication partner training